Monday, September 15, 2014

Seoul Amazing!


Selfie during Seoul experience with Fabi
*Coughs* I know this pun had been overused.
Still, the main point is really at how amazing Seoul was!

Last week, I went to Seoul with an amazing friend of mine, Fabi!
Both our first time, it was really a great time and memorable experience,
especially its my first backpacking. All self-planned! Proud to say we never really get lost and able to reach all our wanted destinations. *clap clap*

Day 1

Before the night of my departure, I was overly excited, I did not sleep before the day! and regretted it.
We took the express bus to Seoul at 6am and the highway was clear because mostly people are heading the opposite direction to their hometown for Chuseok, (Korean Lantern Festival)
Peaceful view on the way to Seoul, its all green on the way..

After 4 hours, my Best Friend's boyfriend, which is my friend now.. Picked us up from Nambu Bus Terminal. Before exploring Seoul, Hee Won had brought us to enjoy our first meal. He didn't preplan any restaurant for us to eat. We just randomly walked in any restaurant as if he was confident that every restaurant would taste delicious. And indeed! it was..
비빔밥 Bi Bim Bap, The Korean Signature Dish
Korean Fish Stew ! Jjang

Tour Guide of the day
The real happy meal.
Without further delayance, we went off to our first destination:

경복궁 GyeongbokGong

Its a really beautiful palace. Even though it looks similar to the chinese palace that I was familiar with, I was amazed by how well every thing was carved and preserved.
Centre of the Palace
Pillars that are handcrafted. Amazing


My favorite shot with my S4! I took it once I saw the dragonfly landed on it. Precious moment :)
The statue of King Sejong is sitted right infront of his palace. 
 , which stands for , Sejong the great.
I was excited when I arrived here, because I got to know this place through EXO Show time where the M members gather and film infront of here. Also, King Sejong is very well known for introducing Hangul (Korean Language) in Korea. 

Right infront of the statue, there is a booth for us to try out the Hanbok for FREE!
I felt so lucky because the time was limited, and I could save the queue time as it was Chuseok, the crowd was chill. I could take my time to take photos and immerse myself in the costume.

With Heewon the Great
Non Korean pose. 

Hanbok Swag checked.
After having so much fun with the Hanbok, we headed off to the the Gwang Jang market for some food hunt! (The episode they went with #CNBLUE to introduce Seoul) 

Korean Pancake, spicy and much green!

Mix plate in the market, Yums!

After snack, we went strolling at the 청계천 Cheong Gye Cheon River, which is was to be told 11km long! We sat here for an hour fooling with ducks and showing our nonsense talents. Such a great time


#Shoefie!

3 kinds of people, but all trying to sound like a duck. lol
After observing the sunset, it was Dinner time! Same area in Dong Dae Mun, we ate at the famous healthy Korean Chicken Broth soup restaurant, which was supremely delicious!

Fabi's face be like...

Hearty Dinner

Completed with a spicy vegetable mix sauce!
Surprisingly, this was suppose to be a meal for 2, but we can't finish for 3. Koreans have real big appetite I guess. Even it's only Chicken for the meal, its really mashiseoyo and satisfying to the tummy. The cost is 35,000won for 3 of us.
Here is the address:
282-21, Jongro-5ga, Jongro-Gu, Seoul.

Its not over yet, we still have our Subsequence share of food, which is dessert. At the famous Cafe Bene!
Palm size cookie bingsu!
I am not sure with the size of Bing Su we have in Malaysia's outlet, but this is really huge! The spoon is so long and we manage to share this monster among the 3 of us. Chocolateyyy and cool!

 Next, to the PEAK of our journey! Namsan Tower, also known as Seoul tower.
Remember I told you there were no crowds during my visitation in Seoul so far? Somehow people are all crowded at the tower during ChuSeok Eve.
N Seoul Tower Selfie

With the Full Moon, Complete!
Famous Locks for couples to cast their wishes.

#foreveralone

Seoul View from the top.
 The Namsan tower was also one of the places visited by Exo during showtime. However, thats not the main reason why I was excited on top. It was because the view of Seoul was so amazing and breath taking. Though I was expecting some fireworks during the festival, somehow Seoul looks beautiful enough natural with her natural view.

Its late at night and we had to go back as the subway was about to close soon. So we walked down hill, so I captured a few view of Namsan and MyeongDong while we took the long route back to our hostel.
Tradition meets Modern - Seoul

很有次序的国家


That sums up much of how happening my first day in Seoul is. A huge thank you to Hee Won from the bottom of my heart for bringing me and Fabi around and being so generous to us. We really loved your home country and enjoyed this day. Its such a memorable day for us. After so much of walking, we barely felt our legs anymore. Still, its worth every step to explore every new inch of Seoul.

Thats all for my first day in Seoul, eventful and meaningful.

Please show more love in my following blogpost ^^ Good Night.









No comments:

Hello!

Rumbling between imaginations and thoughts