Sequel for my Seoul trip!
I have to update my stories in Blog because its easier to
keep my friends and family updated.
Also, I feel more expressive whenever I write in my blog :)
Cant wait to reveal another journey in my Seoul trip!
Day 2
Its Chuseok추석 for the fellow Koreans, for some of you, 추석
(秋夕)
is the harvest festival for the Koreans. Its celebrated substantially in this
country. Family members will travel back home to gather and reunite. Normally
they will share their stories no matter among the elder or the young. Even
though its similarly called as the Lantern festival of the Chinese culture, but
the code of conduct is not really the same.
On this eventful day, I chose to press on closer to the Korean traditional culture by visiting the Hanok Namsangol Village which is located in Namsan,Seoul. Thankfully we had free entrance and it wasn't crowded. The tour information gave us very excellent service and advice. For now, let the pictures do the talking for me:
 |
| Love this view, looks like a painting |
 |
| Korean traditional home for the upper society in the 18s. |
 |
| The writing room. |
 |
| My favorite shot of my friend doing her amazing stunt. |
 |
| This hole is how they keep their platforms warm during winter. |
 |
| Annyeong? Anybody home? |
 |
| Seoul Time Capsule |
This time capsule is really genius! In conjunction of commemorating Seoul's 600 Anniversary. Things available from this century had been burried and seal undergroud with 20 countries over the world. Items such as handphones, bedsheets, utensils are beneath this capsule. It will only be opened years later duing 2394 when Seoul celebrates their 1000th anniversary.
 |
| Peaceful kiosk |
While we were sitting here enjoying our food, there was an old couple sitting there enjoying the scenery and holding hands. I thought it would be rude to snap a photo of their lovely moment. They just sat there quietly, as if they were communicating silently through their visions. However, I am still able to replay the moment in my mind without the photo.
 |
| Highlight of the Day: Taekwondo Performance |
 |
| 真正的女强人 |
I would say I rate 10/10 #10점만점에 10 For this performance, I teared when I watched it. The background was playing arirang and they were dancing with full force in with the music. It was a tough choreography as the movements has to look gentle yet exerting full force at the same time. (It sound ridiculous, but they are ridiculously amazing!) After some dance moves, the audiences were all in awe when they all flew midair and started creating pieces-of-wooden-fireworks!! There was even a guy blind folded who could smash an apple into pieces. It was such an eye opening experience. My impression of TaeKwonDo had totally changed.
After the show, audiences rushed to the stage and took the planks broke by them. Its no joke, the one I had is unbreakable with both hands and knees. It even has blood stain on it! I look up to their hard work and determination even though they aged just like me. #THUMBSUP!

I know I would bore you with my long winded post, but I wish to write this more of recalling the memories for myself in the near future!
Day 2, Its still a long day to go!!
After the HuHa, we went to more of a serious place,
The Korean War Museum! Like what you can see our faces here are rather stern. The atmosphere set by the Korean Museum was so real that it would cause pain to you.
Especially like this statue and the following one.
 |
| Love this the most. |
 |
| "War does not determine who is right but only who is left" |
 |
| "Freedom is not free, its a long road" |
 |
| Fabi takes her time sinking into the feelings. |
 |
| Imagine real warriors died in this tank. |
 |
| The sword that symbolizes peace in current S.Korea. |
 |
| Status of 38 kinds of people fighting for the Korean war. |
I would like to say, I appreciate how Fabi usually is so energetic. However when it comes to this setting, we just immerse ourselves and took a silent moment to admire the soldiers and visualizing how the war happened through all these weapons. The cold silent moment just to recall the past and pay our tributes to these warriors that gone through the Korean war and Vietnamese war.
After being alarmed by the announcements, we proceed to meet my friend at Hong Dae(홍대)
It is labeled as the busiest and modern street of Seoul! Its crazily filled with young people and loud music. Cafes as well!
The first thing that I encountered is the street live performance. People just surround the indie singer and interact. Its sort of a culture formed by the Arts University Hongik, so much fun!
 |
| Cafe, Cafes everywhere! |
 |
| Selfie in this awesome gallery, the background is made of foil paper! |
 |
| Dinner at Hongdae! |
 |
| Guess whos the happy person now! |
 |
| Sampyeopsal! #삼겹살 Something you dont want to miss in Korea!! |
 |
| Foreigners |
Oh ya, I havent introduce to you guys, this is Eunji. I met her in Malaysia when she was having her exchange back then. I promised to meet her in the future, but I didnt expect it to be so soon. I'm glad that you are doing something that is good for the society. We love nature much. Hope you do well in your future undertakings chingu! I had a great time meeting you again at your hometown with your sisters and new friend :)
#jiayou
 |
| Bubble Tea time! #GongCha |
 |
| Shopping time: Swag Checked! |
 |
| This means foreigner, cute CAPtion. |
 |
| Random stall at the roadside! |
Totally cut down the words and photos.
Traveling from the traditional Korean to the modern side of it.
Also the peaceful side of it and the busiest side of it.
All Thanks my chingu Eunji and sisters! <3 font="">3>
My day had ended so well!
Seoul Jjang!!
-TBC-
No comments:
Post a Comment