Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking back to 2015, Strive forward to 2016! [Part 1]

Hello, let me warn you first. This is going to be really long. I'm so happy to have you here, reviewing my 2015 with me. :)

Well.. Where do I start? 2014.. It was a year of learning and exploring (Event Planning, Internship, Korea Exchange Programme). Whereas 2015 is about putting what I have learnt into practice. In short, it's more about discipline. Honestly, it was a tough year for me. It was a year of growth and change for me. I'm not really sure what 2016 is about yet. I have a few things in mind, but first....

Let's take a ride back to the events in 2015. *Review time!* I want to thank all of you wonderful people, who have been part of my life this year. Through all the happy times and mistakes, we managed to get over it and I am glad about it. For now, it's time to gear up and get ready to switch for a new path. PS: Notice the hair colour change.


Highlights of 2015:

Back from Korea.
No jetlag, only food poisoning and missing kimchi.

Driving up to Cameron Highlands with my best friends. 
Whip Cream Strawberries, flowers and Boh Tea farm.

Chinese New Year celebration in Songkhla
White Tiger, Beach, Family, Coconut Ice Cream.

Penang Island Tour
Friends from China, good food and more good food.

Course mates graduation.
I'm in the picture too you know.

Krabi > Hatyai > Perlis trip with Iron Family
Beaches, Sun and various rides. 
(Plane, Van, Tuk Tuk, Tricycle, Long Boat, Speed Boat, Car and Bus..)

Taiwan Trip
Impulsiveness, Planning, Sisters bonding, happiness!
We decided to ditch the usual routes and visited Taipei and Taichung in a different way.
On our way, we befriended a Hongkee, an American and two Singaporeans.
I learnt so much about this country and my sister. Looking forward to our next backpacking trip.

Fit Malaysia Event in Perlis.
I called William at 6am on that day, and he answered as he thought I was in danger.
Immediately he agreed to come and help out. I'm really touched by his actions.
Such a great day to remember for our friendship. Cheers with Revive!

Working Part time in Elianto Genting
To have Lilian with me these three weeks was the greatest blessing of all.
She have taken care of me so well. She made sure I am well fed and warm at all times. The cold showers and restless working hours seems unbearable, but in the end we made it. And yes I've achieved it, to work in a sales aspect. And yes, it's really difficult.

Bersih 4.0
My first time participating a rally, fighting for clean and fair election in Malaysia.
Though my parents opposed, I went against their will to participate and experienced this very emotional day. I have so much to write about this, but if you asked me why I went other than the general purpose. It's because deep inside, we are hurt yet our heart contains hope. I love my country, that's why, this is not a waste of time. It's how we wanted our voices to be heard..

Orang Asli teacher's training with Malaysian Care
I was introduced to this program by Kharis. Despite being afraid, I went against my fear (of snakes) to meet these beautiful people. I'm not lying. The way they walked bare foot through the forest, their faces when they jumped into the streams and how they smiled when I speak their language.. I couldn't forget their faces. It's really beautiful and their love for nature is sincere. Another sincerity I seen in them, is being whole-hearted when learning. Somehow we view education as a burden, as a springboard to success in our future life. But to them, it's an interest and a will. I learnt so much from them. Also, I was blessed to be away from the haze and to live so close to nature for a week.


Friends from Korea visiting Kuala Lumpur.
Everyone, say Hi to Timothy and Hyein. Me myself too, experienced KL as a tourist. One thing I must say is: Tourism department, please do something about the maps and safety. Seriously, Malaysia has so much to offer! Don't let these factors overshadow the goodness of our country!
#ILOVEKL

Final Semester Starts!
Final Year Project, alone and friends later.
The library was my refuge. I spend most of my time alone there. Solidarity was my friend at the first few weeks but then things changed when I decided to step out of the circle I've drawn and hang out with friends. Youthfulness and friendships are really priceless things. Chatting with Zen till 5am was a memorable day. Also, the steamboat sessions and banging a car. Thanks to Kung for sending me to the hospital in the middle of the night. I really owed you once bro.

21st December 2015: 
The day I've ended my final university paper.
It was an emotional day for me, walking out of the examination hall while remembering the first day I entered UTAR. After the test, I went to visit my lecturer Ms Gan for the last time. As usual before I leave her office, I knew she will ask me: "Anything else?" After answering no, she gave me a hug. And it was really touching. We never talked alot besides final year project, however I am thankful that she knew what I went through.

Right after that, I went to KL. What could be better than to celebrate the day with Korean food? Even if it is not Korean BBQ, I'm so glad I could taste kimchi again. It was such a fun night then, to sneaked in somewhere and watch the stars on the hill. Chatting as the Kuala Lumpur twin tower dimmed it's light and till the constellations could only be seen when we turned our heads back.
Sadly there were no photos for that day.
But I shall remember it as long as I look at the stars at night :)

(Picture to be updated)
Family getaway in Fig Tree Villa.
Family bonding, Extended Family, nature.
This is the first time our family gathered together other than Chinese New Year celebration. Also it's my prior experience to stay in a villa. The place was good, we had a great swim, Barbeque, steamboat and loads of singing. Not to mention, reading in the bathtub! Three new experiences. I'm really happy to end the year with such meaningful event.

-end of timeline-

So these are the bits and happenings of 2015.
There are events that I didn't share out, I do appreciate those moments. Don't worry friends. I do record them down in my diary. Please do not feel left out if you are not in the highlight.

Anyways!
My resolutions are continued in the next post! ^^
Do check it out.

x Happy New Year my friends.
:)

No comments:

Hello!

Rumbling between imaginations and thoughts