When it comes to new year, i always forget what am i up to. Like, what have i done this year..
Sometimes i even mix up the events the year before with the one this year..
Well, to sum up 2013, It was like walking through caramel. Sticky but sweet !
Like finally, i picked up playing the guitar.
My family is a "musical" family, you will know what i mean if you know my siblings.
My mum sings, my dad plays the guitar... Except for me..
Why only now, when my fingers are so stiff and awkward when sticking to the strings?
haha, it's because I got a guitar for free, someone who left my house forgotten to bring it back. So i took the gift as an opportunity. The thing i had to give up are my fingernails, cant keep them.
But it's truly meaningful and fun to know how to play the guitar, i can express myself . Sing with my crack voice and just strum off my feelings.
I'm glad that my friends around me are very willing to teach and share their guitar knowledge with me .
I can play simple songs chords now, hope to keep improving in the coming year.
Then, i had hardcore gym-ming this year.
First time ever stepped into the gym.
Was the healthiest moment, playing with machines, struggling with food but not sleep !
Exercising truly makes someone positive.
Shame when it's written in past tense but not continuous present. Would add this into my resolution and i hope to hit the gym again, soon!
The other thing i had was, joining events in my school.
#Talent time & #Welcoming Concert.
It's true that i'm deadly entitled with the "Decoration Life" in UTAR.
Despite I had been keen in trying out other departments like publicity, but its alright.
I enjoyed every moment of decorating, and the sentence i always use to keep my members motivated is "We started earlier than other departments, but we can enjoy the show on the night itself!"
It kinda work.
Meetings on Tuesday nights had became a weekly routine.
Hanging out with the other kids drawing is fun too.. I also experienced people who are very helpful.
There were many troubles I faced during the preparation as I'm amateur and knew nothing about the runthrough of an event. Thank God they are there to help me. In the end, many people praised the work. Some even said it was one of the best they came across in UTAR. I'm really proud of my team.
Speaking of events, one of the subject in my Public Relations course is Event Planning. #GeekNight
At first when I first hold the role of being the director of Group 3, I was stressed out. Leading people of 38 and all equipped with special talents. Things worked out, but in the wrong way. As it was a short semester, I was caught between too many activities. Also, I admit that I wasn't a good leader as well. Few days ago, this was what my dad pointed out " A leader looks after the forest, not the tree."
When i was taken down from my position, I grumbled and didnt buy what the teacher reasoned. I started to doubt my abilities, giving up on the subject and was pessimistic . Pride was playing with my emotions. In the end, I took the second role which is deputy director. I thought it was just some kind of consolation as I'm still in doubt with myself. In the end, my health was gained, my life became loose and free a little. Afterall, it isn't that bad playing on the assisting role.
Most of the things learnt from this subject are practical knowledge of Public Relations and to cope with changes. It always happens in our semester. Changes, so frequent that made people so tired and fed up. All our effort being trashed over and over again. I'm grateful that till now we are still moving forward in the coming semester for Event Management. Keep it up..
To deal with people is another asset I came across in this subject,
I'm rather straightforward and serious while dealing with work. I found out its a weakness as it tends to offend people although the intention was good (in terms of getting the job done)
It's good to realize it in time, in the coming year, I hope to overcome this weakness as well.
2013,
I sold my first piece of sewing item, I fell in love, I lost my best friends, I knew someone really nice, I read a good book, I've been to other countries, my friend passed away, my sister graduated, I had a part time job..
The ups and downs are uneven and unavoidable. Like a heartbeat.
I'm grateful that my life is getting meaningful, thank God for the opportunities and failures.
I value the opportunity to fail.
It keeps me improving and moving forward.
Before I finish my long-winded post, i would like to share this verse that really comforts me during my dark times,
In Jesus name, Thank God for the prosperous year,
and in Jesus name, I surrender 2014 into His hands.
May it be a better year than before.
Not just me, my family and friends.
Amen.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment